Skip to main content

Get Fancy With Recycling | Saree Got A Makeover

Get fancy with Saree
It’s not every day that your inner bugs, set you on a wardrobe cleansing spree. Well, seems like I get hit by them quite often and that is just not limited to my own dresser drawers but eventually take all family members in the trap. Also, there is so much to explore and find fashion inspirations beyond your own territories. Or else, how do you think I styled my brother’s shirt in one of the past series? (click here to read)

Turn saree into a crop blouse.
So one fine day, I came across my mom’s beautiful silk green saree with little intricate prints, spread all over 9 yards. It was love at first sight. Obviously I never saw her donning it and knew it was just a piece of cloth that had no purpose to serve.

Old clothing often just sits in our wardrobes, taking up the space we could be using for clothing we actually wear. You might think of tossing it out or giving it away, but how often do you really have the motivation to revamp them in something purposeful. Also the fact that textile waste is rising at alarming rates (give credits to the dynamic trends in fashion), we all need to do our bit to save the green globe. 

Saree in a coat dress

Chic & Co.
As you all would know by now that I love customizing and designing my dresses. 
Hence, I decided to revamp the gorgeous green drape, in a two piece set, consisting of a crop blouse and a coat. The makeover turned out to be absolutely chic and stylish. 



I absolutely loved the two way utility of the dress. Style the crop blouse alone for places where you need a glam quotient in your outfit. 


            

Want to exude more polished vibes? Go grab that coat and style with your formal lowers for an added sophistication. 

     

Here in the shoot, I styled the two piece set with a black bodycon skirt to help them grab all the eyeballs.

💜 Styling tip: Pair a clothing element you wish to highlight, with neutral colors like black, beige, gray, ivory, taupe or white that helps in shifting attention to brighter color palettes.





I further paired red thread earrings to my look for a punch of quirk. Black high heeled peep toes gave it an overall clean and glam appeal.  





I must say the experiment did turned out well giving me some major fashion moment. So what's the wait girls? Hunt down the forgotten sarees resting in stacks and let your imaginations run wild. 



Much Love
Hina Rehan 💜



Comments

Shein.com INT

Popular posts from this blog

7 Best Korean Beauty Brands In India

The obsession with South Korean beauty is at its peak for quite some time. The world bowed down to Korean beauty gods few years ago after they introduced complexion perfecting complex a.k.a BB and CC creams which was soon followed by the exploding success of sheet masks. People can’t get enough of the ‘flawless’ glass like skin concept involving multi step skin regimens. But what made Korean brands a huge success is their belief in all - natural ingredients and practices. From country’s unique botanical sites to dedicated ingredients found in foods, these beauty brands are expert in harnessing every benefit the nature can offer. While it’s impossible to list down each individual product, I have tried listing down some of the top-notch K-beauty brands available in India along with their best rated products; one should definitely give a try. 1.        CosRX Known for their strong formula philosophies and minimalist packaging, this K – beauty brand tops the list for pure

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Hey all, It’s a lovely day and I am up with yet another makeup product review. This time it’s the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD High Definition Foundation. MUFE HD Foundation promises high definition coverage, with a natural makeup finish, making you look flawless. Its an oil-free, medium to full coverage liquid foundation that looks invisible on-screen and in real life. Foundation is a key in pulling everything together for a flawless makeup application. Before I was a beauty blogger – before I even knew there was such a thing as beauty blogger, I was a normal girl with tremendous love for makeup. Over the years, I have tried more than my share of foundations from drugstore to high-end to professional. While I tossed out many, some made way to my beauty kit. That being said, I always had certain issues with all of them, some being cakey, others being dry or oxidizing. I wanted a foundation that provided me medium to full coverage but feels light on skin and does not o

5 easy steps to Contour & Highlight!

Contour and Highlight!!! The century old trend, revived by the Kountouring goddess Kim K, has been the biggest rave among beauty fanatics all around the world. These two artsy tricks magically enhance your cheek bones and create a flattering bone structure and movie lighting. But n o matter how much the beauty gurus claim this trend to be a thing of 2016, the truth is many of us still struggle to achieve the desired chiseled face. Contouring can have different levels for different looks, categorized into a neutral everyday face to a more glamorous look. The step by step tutorial I have described here concentrates on subtle side of it but with an addition of a beaming highlighter and smokey eyes, you can instantly transform yourself into a more alluring avatar. Your perfect Contour & Highlight guide. #Essentials you need Makeup Apart from your regular base products i.e. Primer, Foundation (same as your skin tone), Concealer and Face powders, you requir