Skip to main content

Lipstick Haul – Reviews Part 1| Sigma Beauty, Avon, Chambor & L’oreal Paris


If you’re a lipstick hoarder like me, you will relate to the pain of not staying away from all the beautiful array of hues that exist around us.  As a lipstick girl, you can imagine my excitement when I recently got my hands on some new lip beauties. My vanity needed a restock and there I was...whizzing around endless lipstick laden shelves or surfing them over my mobile screen. After being bleh and meh about tons of shades, I finally managed to land a few of them on my bills (mission accomplished!).

Now this haul is a mix of drugstore and high end products and to make the reviews less exhaustive, I will be posting this haul in two parts. While this post is a mix of brands, I will be talking about shades exclusive, of this extremely hit brand recently launched in India in the second part. Also I will be hosting a giveaway in the second haul post. So, make sure you all are following me on my social media accounts, if not yet you can follow my Instagram and Twitter accounts by clicking the above links in the Home tab bar.



#Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick

Shade – 405 Trendy Mauve

Chambor’s Extreme Wear matte liquid lipsticks are one of the bestsellers in the beauty world. I had already reviewed the shade Truffle 484 from the same range in my Top Favorite Lipsticks Post. Click here to read it.



I was eyeing on this beautiful wine shade from quite a while but was a little skeptical about its wearable frequency on a day to day basis. Yes, its not an everyday shade for sure, but is a great color if you want to add some drama to your mundane routine. Dark purplish color with red undertone gives a very berry look to the lips and is a perfect shade for Fall and Winters. The color is highly pigmented and gives an opaque look with one swipe. The formula is great that gives a pure matte finish and does not accentuate the fine lines.



The best part about these liquid lipsticks is their super light texture that glides on your lips perfectly. Its velvety and hydrates the lips with a stay of 6 hours after which it starts to fade away from the inner lining and the corners. If you are a lover of matte liquid lipstick or even if you are thinking to switch over to them, go for Chambor's Extreme Wear range. It has been my favorite and I am looking forward to add more shades from this to my collection.

It retails for INR 845 for 6ml.

Buy here




#Sigma Lip Eclipse Lip Gloss

Shade – Rosette

Who needs an introduction to Sigma Beauty? One of my luxury makeup brands from USA and known for its high quality and top selling makeup brushes and other patented beauty tools, Sigma Beauty recently entered into the world of mainstream makeup products. Their Lip Eclipse range is a collection of beautiful satin liquid lipsticks. The shade "Rosette" is their best selling shade from this range and is a real pretty blush pink shade with mauve undertones to it.





I am not a big fan of satin lip glosses, but this beast is surely going to be my everyday beauty staple. Perfect for everyday, the shade is real opaque in formula and you need just one swipe to apply it. Since satin in finish, it keeps your lips hydrated throughout the day. Likewise, the texture of these lip glosses is creamy and feels rich on lips. It has mild fragrance to it which feels good and calming. Also I have found the applicator of these liquid beauties to be one of the best, that ensure the right amount of product is applied for the perfect pout.




As satin in finish, it obviously is not transfer proof and will require touch ups, once or twice. But that factor can be overruled for the quality this brand delivers. With such good quality, I wish Sigma Beauty launches its matte liquid lipsticks range soon.

It retails for 17$ on their website that is INR 1,105

Buy here



#L’oreal Paris Star Collection 

Shade – Pure Brick by Aishwarya

7 exquisites red shades, chosen by 7 iconic L’oreal Paris ambassadors for the Rouge in every woman! Can anything be much candid than this girls! The Star Collection by L’oreal Paris has been a hit since the day it launched for all the good reasons. I got the shade Pure Brick which is endorsed by Aishwarya.




Sure to suit the Indian skin tone, the shade is brownish red with orange undertone to it and is gorgeous. With the infusion of Jojoba and other shine oils, it ensures that your lips stay hydrated even with rich matte texture. It has a staying power of good 6 hrs which stays on through light eating but doesn’t survive heavy and oily meals.




The texture is smooth and velvety and feels light on skin. It glides easily on lips without budging, although it needs two coats for the true color to show on your lips. The lipstick gets more matte and powdery over time but is quite forgiving on lips. It does not emphasize any fine lines and do not make them dry. A beautiful brick shade which I would rather say is the most decent for office wear out of all the red hues known. 


It retails for INR 1025 for 4.2 gm.

Buy here



#Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick

Shade – Mauve Matters

I have never been a fan of Avon before I tried this beauty out. This shade from their Perfectly Matte Lipstick range is a beautiful purplish red with blue undertones that compliments the pearly white skin tone. The finish is matte with a satin or moisturized look, which is perfect if you ask me. After all who likes dry and chapped lips?


It’s an everyday kind of shade which you can sport with less or no makeup and would suit nearly all the skin tones. The formula of the lipstick is long lasting and does not bleed. It has a staying power of 3 to 4 hours. But contradictory to its name, the texture is soft matte rather than perfectly matte.  It is not transfer proof and won’t survive through your binge scenes. However, this aspect can be overlooked for what it offers in a super affordable price range.





You need to be a little careful with the Avon lipsticks as the bullets breaks from the base very easily.


It retails for INR 479 for 4 gm.

Buy here


So these were some of the latest additions in my lipstick collection. Do let me know what you all think of the above shades. Till next time, stay healthy and stay beautiful my girls.

Much Love💜

Hina Rehan

Comments

Shein.com INT

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Hey all, It’s a lovely day and I am up with yet another makeup product review. This time it’s the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD High Definition Foundation. MUFE HD Foundation promises high definition coverage, with a natural makeup finish, making you look flawless. Its an oil-free, medium to full coverage liquid foundation that looks invisible on-screen and in real life. Foundation is a key in pulling everything together for a flawless makeup application. Before I was a beauty blogger – before I even knew there was such a thing as beauty blogger, I was a normal girl with tremendous love for makeup. Over the years, I have tried more than my share of foundations from drugstore to high-end to professional. While I tossed out many, some made way to my beauty kit. That being said, I always had certain issues with all of them, some being cakey, others being dry or oxidizing. I wanted a foundation that provided me medium to full coverage but feels light on skin and does not o

5 easy steps to Contour & Highlight!

Contour and Highlight!!! The century old trend, revived by the Kountouring goddess Kim K, has been the biggest rave among beauty fanatics all around the world. These two artsy tricks magically enhance your cheek bones and create a flattering bone structure and movie lighting. But n o matter how much the beauty gurus claim this trend to be a thing of 2016, the truth is many of us still struggle to achieve the desired chiseled face. Contouring can have different levels for different looks, categorized into a neutral everyday face to a more glamorous look. The step by step tutorial I have described here concentrates on subtle side of it but with an addition of a beaming highlighter and smokey eyes, you can instantly transform yourself into a more alluring avatar. Your perfect Contour & Highlight guide. #Essentials you need Makeup Apart from your regular base products i.e. Primer, Foundation (same as your skin tone), Concealer and Face powders, you requir

Get High on Sophistication with this Hot Trend of the Season!!

   Helloooo 2018 and hello to my Chiclets!! Every New Year brings with it new hopes and new beginnings. It’s time we look forward to the coming days with visions and resolutions to be a better versions of ourselves in all phases of life. 2017 was a year; I will always look down as the year that gave me in abundance. I grew as a person on personal and social levels. I finally learned to love myself and to be my own favorite. Isn’t it the most important thing for all of us?  Realizing and respecting our own worth which we very easily let go at numerous points in life. It’s the time when we stop criticizing ourselves and start feeling gratitude for the precious and unique souls we are, is when we start receiving blessings from Universe. Freeing myself from fears, worries and notions about one thing and all, I started my Blog and for this reason, 2017 is always going to be special for me. It feels amazing to have entered 2018 with a determination to make the n