Skip to main content

7 Easy Steps to Smoldering Smokey Eyes.


Hey Fellas,

Its an amazing feeling to interact with you guys again and this time its a makeup tutorial.

Just like our little black dress or a classic red lipstick, smokey eyes is a timeless sexy trend. They exudes a sense of power. Smokey eyes can instantly transform one's look from a girl-next-door to a stylish diva, who is hard to ignore. While mastering this look takes a bit of practice, it's well worth the effort.

When it comes to my signature look, smokey eyes is my go to. Sometimes I try hard to stick to natural eyes but my brushes shout loud to 'smoke it out!' Contrary to a general belief, smokey eyes is not only about black shadows. These days MUAs from all over the world are coming out with some irresistible versions of it. I am intimidated by all of them, but purples won me over! They look royal and sensuous both. I created a smoldering and sexy eye look using deep tones of purple and black. To create a contrast, I used light beige shade on my inner and middle lids. The result was this sultry gorgeous eyes.


Since its my first tutorial, I would like to clear the air for those lost in the clouds and consider me as a professional makeup artist. Please don't be confused! As I have always mentioned, I am just a normal girl who carries tremendous love for makeup. All that I know, comes from years of practice and learning. Its my passion and I love sharing it with you all. I don't claim my techniques or the way I do makeup to be the best one. How its done varies from person to person and that's the beauty of it. With that said, let's get going with the tutorial.


     
                                   
Step 1.
Before applying eye shadows, create a flawless base and enhance the overall look by applying the primer. Remember the final look depends on this one step as primer enhances the eye shadow pigments and blurs imperfections.
Step 2. 
There were two eye shadow palettes used to achieve this smoldering smokey eyes. Shades applied are from Naked Smoky Palette and Sigma Beauty Smoke Screen Palette. I have already reviewed the Sigma's Smoke Screen Palette. Click here to read the review.

You can either use the shades from the same palettes or similar shades from any other brands you own. However, the pigmentation and final look could not be guaranteed to be the same.

Smoke Screen Palette - Shade Veiled (Pink Heart)


  • I started by applying the shade Veiled from Sigma Beauty Smoke Screen Palette on the brow bone with a blending brush to highlight my brow area.
  • Shade Veiled is a beautiful peachy hue in shimmer finish.
Smoke Screen Palette - Shade Haze (Pink Heart)
Step 3.
  • To give a soft transition, I applied shade  Haze from Sigma Beauty Smoke Screen Palette, with an angled crease brush on my crease line, blending it slowly with the shade  Veiled applied on my brow bone.
  • Nailing the perfect transition is all about blending eye shadows gradually and slowly from your outer crease towards the inner line.
  • Prefer matte eye shades for giving transitions as their buttery texture allows them to blend perfectly. Shade Haze is a dusty mauve shade in matte finish, which makes it a perfect option for transitions.
Naked Smoky Palette - Shade Smolder (Blue Heart)
   

   

Step 4.
  • I started working on my outer corner of eyes with shade Smolder from Naked Smoky Palette. Its a mauve shade with deep purple tone perfect for sultry, badass eye look.
  • Using a large tapered brush, I gradually smudged the shade concentrating majorly on the outer corner. 
  • With soft strokes, blend the shade lightly working from the outer corner towards your inner lids. This will add an intensity to the look and will help other shades to perfectly blend in.

Smoke Screen Palette - Shade Almost Jet (Pink Heart)

Step 5.
  • Taking a small smudge brush, intensify the shade on outer corner with a deep black pigment. I used shade Almost Jet from Sigma Smoke Screen Palette. Its a beautiful charcoal black with sheen finish.
  • Keep building the intensity as you want it to be, taking care to only focus on a very small area of the outer corner.
  • With a large smudge brush, blend both purple and black shades into each other with soft hands to remove any harsh lines.
Naked Smoky Palette - Shade Thirteen (Blue Heart)
         

          
Step 6.
  • Using a shadow brush I applied shade Thirteen from Naked palette on my inner corners and eye lids.
  • Shade Thirteen is a light beige color in buttery satin finish which makes it bit difficult to apply it with brush, as it gathers within the bristles.
  • I used Colorbar's Eye Shadow Brush from their Ready to Wink Perfect Eye Makeup Kit, for application initially but switched on to my fingers to intensify the pigments. The difference is quite visible with both of them.                        
           

            

           
Step 7.
  • To further add depth to eyes, I applied Smolder on my lower lash line with a small smudge brush, followed by Almost Jet.
  • Also I applied the Veiled on my inner corners to highlight.
  • I finished the look with generous quotes of mascara, both on upper and lower lashes. Mascara used was the Maybelline's The Falsies Volume Express Mascara.
When it comes to mascaras, nobody nails it like Maybelline. It offers a huge range of lash Gods with amazing formulas and volumes to die for! The Falsies Volume Express and Lash Sensational are my favorite picks from their range.
  • To give your eyes extra drama, you can add on a winged eyeliner. However I skipped it for this one.
Here are some pics, showing the complete look.




So guys, that was an easy peasy tutorial for this smoldering smokey eyes. I had tried my best to simplify the steps for your ease. Hope you enjoy creating your own versions of it. Don't forget to tag me in your pics, if you happen to recreate it.

I would love to share more such looks and you might see  more makeup tutorials coming your way in future.😍

Till then!
Wish you all a very Happy, Prosperous and Safe Diwali!

Love to all
Hina Rehan💜




Comments

Shein.com INT

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Hey all, It’s a lovely day and I am up with yet another makeup product review. This time it’s the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD High Definition Foundation. MUFE HD Foundation promises high definition coverage, with a natural makeup finish, making you look flawless. Its an oil-free, medium to full coverage liquid foundation that looks invisible on-screen and in real life. Foundation is a key in pulling everything together for a flawless makeup application. Before I was a beauty blogger – before I even knew there was such a thing as beauty blogger, I was a normal girl with tremendous love for makeup. Over the years, I have tried more than my share of foundations from drugstore to high-end to professional. While I tossed out many, some made way to my beauty kit. That being said, I always had certain issues with all of them, some being cakey, others being dry or oxidizing. I wanted a foundation that provided me medium to full coverage but feels light on skin and does not o

5 easy steps to Contour & Highlight!

Contour and Highlight!!! The century old trend, revived by the Kountouring goddess Kim K, has been the biggest rave among beauty fanatics all around the world. These two artsy tricks magically enhance your cheek bones and create a flattering bone structure and movie lighting. But n o matter how much the beauty gurus claim this trend to be a thing of 2016, the truth is many of us still struggle to achieve the desired chiseled face. Contouring can have different levels for different looks, categorized into a neutral everyday face to a more glamorous look. The step by step tutorial I have described here concentrates on subtle side of it but with an addition of a beaming highlighter and smokey eyes, you can instantly transform yourself into a more alluring avatar. Your perfect Contour & Highlight guide. #Essentials you need Makeup Apart from your regular base products i.e. Primer, Foundation (same as your skin tone), Concealer and Face powders, you requir

Get High on Sophistication with this Hot Trend of the Season!!

   Helloooo 2018 and hello to my Chiclets!! Every New Year brings with it new hopes and new beginnings. It’s time we look forward to the coming days with visions and resolutions to be a better versions of ourselves in all phases of life. 2017 was a year; I will always look down as the year that gave me in abundance. I grew as a person on personal and social levels. I finally learned to love myself and to be my own favorite. Isn’t it the most important thing for all of us?  Realizing and respecting our own worth which we very easily let go at numerous points in life. It’s the time when we stop criticizing ourselves and start feeling gratitude for the precious and unique souls we are, is when we start receiving blessings from Universe. Freeing myself from fears, worries and notions about one thing and all, I started my Blog and for this reason, 2017 is always going to be special for me. It feels amazing to have entered 2018 with a determination to make the n