Skip to main content

Getting Monsoon Ready



Finally grey clouds have swarmed up the city, signaling the end of hot summers and onset of monsoons. While I was expecting it to arrive in mid of July, it has seemed to arrive a bit early and that makes me rush to stack up all my monsoon essentials. While not a big fan of monsoons, the very few things I love about it is it's earthy scent,😍 cold weather, and the joy of hogging hot fritters while enjoying rain.

Monsoon is a really tricky weather when it comes to fashion. We really don’t have much choice. Do we? Clogged streets, Mud puddles, humid weather, bad hair days, dripping rain! With so many downsides, it really gets difficult to be in your fashionable best. I thereby, revamp my fashion and beauty choices according to monsoons and tend to remain high in style, while keeping that chic quotient on.

Bright and cheerful 
Where lot of us enjoy this seasonal bliss, monsoon for me brings a whole dull and gloomy vibe in the atmosphere. So to cope with it, I include bright colors in my look. From sporting that hot pop fuchsia lipstick to rock in a bright yellow dress, these come with ease to me.


Tied hair
Giving us girls, a moment of FML!.. every now and then, hair struggle in monsoons is what we cringe the most. Be it about inviting dirt and grimace or finding yourself stuck in wind causing havoc to your mane, open hair suffers a lot!! They are much easier to maintain when tied up. Messy buns, braids, pony tails, vintage and trendy up-dos, its time I embrace them all.



Cropped denims, Culottes & Shorts
Anything that just ends higher than the ankle should be welcomed for this season. Be it shorts, cropped denims or culottes. With all those water clogged roads and streets, these come as saviors. Already declared the next big trend, ending an inch above the ankle or mid of calves, cropped denims save me from drenched and dirty bottoms.



Dry Shampoo
My scalp tends to get oilier and attracts more dirt in monsoon, all thanks to humidity😒 and being a lazy pant, hair wash on daily basis is nearly impossible for me. Also washing hair daily damages the overall health of scalp and is a big no.  Dry Shampoo absorbs the grease in hair and adds volume to roots. it is my best buddy for last minute hangouts or just to keep my mane dry.


Sneakers
Giving flats and high heels a rest; I prefer sneakers and crocs for their high durability and comfort. They are available in plenty everywhere, in all cute and quirky styles. 


Perfumes and Mists
I am a crazy fragrance lover, but that’s not the reason it’s in my monsoon essentials. 
We generally get to deal with sticky and rancid odor, released from damp clothes in rainy season and ughh! that body sweat! Yes, quite a turnoff!! In such situations spraying perfumes or mists keep me fresh and instantly lights up my mood.


Going matte
Going light on makeup is must in monsoon because all heavy cream base foundations invite breakouts. I mattify my look with compact and loose powder which makes my makeup stay for a long time. While neutral shades are current hot staples, I rather opt for matte bright lip colors like pinks, reds and peaches, as they are less likely to give me a washed out look compared to their neutral siblings.
Oil absorbing sheets
It is wise to have these for the obvious reasons that nobody likes sweaty, damp feeling against their skin in monsoons. It is also a natural phenomenon of our rather dry skin getting oily in this weather. Double the trouble! Oil absorbing sheets absorbs the excess oil accumulated on skin or around the T-zone and keeps you matte.

 
Light fabrics
Staying away from synthetic and nylon mixed fabrics in monsoon keeps me on a much comfortable side as they only add up to sweat and irritation. I prefer light and breathable clothing for the fact that they are light on body and helps soak all the oil and sweat secreted.

So those were my essentials for this rainy season. I hope I was able to help you get prepared for the monsoons. 

Until next time! Happy rainy days everyone! 💖💖

Comments

  1. You look fabulous babe. Dry shampoo is a life saver.

    Akanksha | www.mstantrum.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Shein.com INT

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Hey all, It’s a lovely day and I am up with yet another makeup product review. This time it’s the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD High Definition Foundation. MUFE HD Foundation promises high definition coverage, with a natural makeup finish, making you look flawless. Its an oil-free, medium to full coverage liquid foundation that looks invisible on-screen and in real life. Foundation is a key in pulling everything together for a flawless makeup application. Before I was a beauty blogger – before I even knew there was such a thing as beauty blogger, I was a normal girl with tremendous love for makeup. Over the years, I have tried more than my share of foundations from drugstore to high-end to professional. While I tossed out many, some made way to my beauty kit. That being said, I always had certain issues with all of them, some being cakey, others being dry or oxidizing. I wanted a foundation that provided me medium to full coverage but feels light on skin and does not o

5 easy steps to Contour & Highlight!

Contour and Highlight!!! The century old trend, revived by the Kountouring goddess Kim K, has been the biggest rave among beauty fanatics all around the world. These two artsy tricks magically enhance your cheek bones and create a flattering bone structure and movie lighting. But n o matter how much the beauty gurus claim this trend to be a thing of 2016, the truth is many of us still struggle to achieve the desired chiseled face. Contouring can have different levels for different looks, categorized into a neutral everyday face to a more glamorous look. The step by step tutorial I have described here concentrates on subtle side of it but with an addition of a beaming highlighter and smokey eyes, you can instantly transform yourself into a more alluring avatar. Your perfect Contour & Highlight guide. #Essentials you need Makeup Apart from your regular base products i.e. Primer, Foundation (same as your skin tone), Concealer and Face powders, you requir

Get High on Sophistication with this Hot Trend of the Season!!

   Helloooo 2018 and hello to my Chiclets!! Every New Year brings with it new hopes and new beginnings. It’s time we look forward to the coming days with visions and resolutions to be a better versions of ourselves in all phases of life. 2017 was a year; I will always look down as the year that gave me in abundance. I grew as a person on personal and social levels. I finally learned to love myself and to be my own favorite. Isn’t it the most important thing for all of us?  Realizing and respecting our own worth which we very easily let go at numerous points in life. It’s the time when we stop criticizing ourselves and start feeling gratitude for the precious and unique souls we are, is when we start receiving blessings from Universe. Freeing myself from fears, worries and notions about one thing and all, I started my Blog and for this reason, 2017 is always going to be special for me. It feels amazing to have entered 2018 with a determination to make the n