Skip to main content

Fabindia Charcoal Face Pack Review


Swearing by my Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram feeds, I can definitely say that activated charcoal products have become quite a rage in recent times and everyone is going gaga over them for all the good reasons. Apart from its deep cleansing properties, activated charcoal also treats acne and reduce pore size. They are also widely used for removal of black and white heads.



I have been using Fabindia’s products from quite a while now.😍They make some really good personal care items. My favorites being Tea Tree Skin Toner, Rose Germanium Face & Body Gel Scrub, Haldi Chandan Mud Pack. Generally having a dry skin, my face tends to get oily at this time of the year when it’s all hot and humid. I already have heard about Fabindia Charcoal Face Pack from my friends who have tried it. Pumped up by the amazing reviews, I decided to try it on, this summers. Having purchased somewhere around March, this was bought in use only by May.

About Fabindia
Founded in 1960 by John Bissell, Fabindia is one of India’s largest private company that utilizes traditional techniques, skills and hand base processes, in its product manufacturing. Majorly a textile based manufacturer, they also curate some wonderful personal care items that are claimed to be natural and organic.


About Activated Charcoal
Activated carbon or charcoal is simply a common carbon that is processed to have low volume pores with high surface area. The surface area of charcoal binds or reacts with chemicals and toxins and ensures their removal. Higher the surface area, more the binding capacity. Activated charcoal when applied on skin ensures removal of dead skin cells, dirt and oil. It is even effective in removing deeply settled grimace and thus treats acne, leaving a healthier skin behind.


Product Claim & Description:
Charcoal is known for its ability to absorb impurities. This pack, containing charcoal, uses multani mitti as its base. It absorbs dirt and oil from the pores, leaving skin cleaner and healthier.

I got this for INR 350 for 100ml or 125g. According to new M.R.P rates this retails for INR 390 for the same quantity.

It has a shelf life of 3 years.

Fabindia Charcoal face pack comes in a round plastic jar with a screw cap and a white lid that separates the product from the cap and makes it less messy. Though it’s convenient, this kind of packaging turns out to be an unhygienic one, thanks to the bacteria thriving on our fingers.😐 I would have loved, if they have provided a spatula with it or could have converted the packaging in to a tube one (which is now the current packaging).😊 The face pack is of dark grey color with thick paste like consistency and has a very refreshing, lemony smell to it, due to the presence of lemongrass oil.  Before documenting the review, I used this pack twice a week, regularly for two months.

My Experience
At first, I applied it on dry skin but due to its thick consistency, my skin stretched a lot at the time of spreading and too much product was consumed in a single use. I gradually figured out that the best way to apply it is on damp skin, that ways you save on the product too. It’s a quick drying pack. After an application of good 15 minutes, I rinsed it out. Now here comes the irritating part. It really takes time to wash it off. A good amount of scrubbing is required to get rid off the pack entirely. Also it leaves some residues behind that can be noticed on towel once wiped.

Talking about the effects and benefits, it actually does justify the claims.👍 My skin feels extremely clean and oil free every time I use it. Also it imparts healthy glow to the skin but the effects only lasts for a day. The fact that it contains Kaolin which is known to absorb oil, is tad drying sometimes and demands a moisturizer to be applied later on. For dry skin people this could be too drying for the same reason.

Despite of good results, one thing that I cringe over is the presence of parabens and chemicals in it. Being in debate for its side effects that are yet to be proved, I personally avoid using parabens. Their presence in beauty care items gives me a turn off. Also claiming to use natural ingredients, I was not expecting chemicals like IMIDUrea and SLES in this face pack. A patch test is therefore highly recommended.

Pros
·         Affordable
·         Sufficient quantity that lasts for long
·         Clear skin
·         Imparts a healthy glow
·         Deeply cleanses
·         Makes skin oil free

Cons
·         Unhygienic packaging
·         Contains Parabens and chemicals
·         Effects last for a day
·         Takes time to completely rinse it off
·         Leaves residues behind

Overall, I was happy with Fabindia Charcoal Face Pack as it stands up to what it claims and will keep on using it. That being said, I will also keep hunting for products that are purely herbal and chemical free. If you have been using any chemical free products, do let me know in the comment box.

Until next time, take care of your skin and yourself too my beauties!

Hina Rehan

Love XO💜💜

Comments

Post a Comment

Shein.com INT

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Hey all, It’s a lovely day and I am up with yet another makeup product review. This time it’s the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD High Definition Foundation. MUFE HD Foundation promises high definition coverage, with a natural makeup finish, making you look flawless. Its an oil-free, medium to full coverage liquid foundation that looks invisible on-screen and in real life. Foundation is a key in pulling everything together for a flawless makeup application. Before I was a beauty blogger – before I even knew there was such a thing as beauty blogger, I was a normal girl with tremendous love for makeup. Over the years, I have tried more than my share of foundations from drugstore to high-end to professional. While I tossed out many, some made way to my beauty kit. That being said, I always had certain issues with all of them, some being cakey, others being dry or oxidizing. I wanted a foundation that provided me medium to full coverage but feels light on skin and does not o

5 easy steps to Contour & Highlight!

Contour and Highlight!!! The century old trend, revived by the Kountouring goddess Kim K, has been the biggest rave among beauty fanatics all around the world. These two artsy tricks magically enhance your cheek bones and create a flattering bone structure and movie lighting. But n o matter how much the beauty gurus claim this trend to be a thing of 2016, the truth is many of us still struggle to achieve the desired chiseled face. Contouring can have different levels for different looks, categorized into a neutral everyday face to a more glamorous look. The step by step tutorial I have described here concentrates on subtle side of it but with an addition of a beaming highlighter and smokey eyes, you can instantly transform yourself into a more alluring avatar. Your perfect Contour & Highlight guide. #Essentials you need Makeup Apart from your regular base products i.e. Primer, Foundation (same as your skin tone), Concealer and Face powders, you requir

Get High on Sophistication with this Hot Trend of the Season!!

   Helloooo 2018 and hello to my Chiclets!! Every New Year brings with it new hopes and new beginnings. It’s time we look forward to the coming days with visions and resolutions to be a better versions of ourselves in all phases of life. 2017 was a year; I will always look down as the year that gave me in abundance. I grew as a person on personal and social levels. I finally learned to love myself and to be my own favorite. Isn’t it the most important thing for all of us?  Realizing and respecting our own worth which we very easily let go at numerous points in life. It’s the time when we stop criticizing ourselves and start feeling gratitude for the precious and unique souls we are, is when we start receiving blessings from Universe. Freeing myself from fears, worries and notions about one thing and all, I started my Blog and for this reason, 2017 is always going to be special for me. It feels amazing to have entered 2018 with a determination to make the n