Skip to main content

Lipstick Affair : My Top Favorite Everyday Lipsticks



Hello loves!

Hope monsoon is treating you all good.

Let us all admit! When it comes to makeup, nothing excites us more but a Lipstick! I can definitely say that this one makeup product alone has all the power to define and rule your personality. What shade you are sporting can make or break your day and emotions too. Lipsticks are that disguised bff of ours who elates our mood in moments of distress! It does in my case at least 😁. They are just not a product they are investments, investments for our happiness (if that makes sense😜).

I have been asked a lot many times over my Snap chat or Instagram as well as in person about different lip colors that I wear in day to day life. So there I thought why not to share with you all some of my favorite lip colors. The products that I am sharing here are a mix of drugstore and high end brands. I am a matte obsessed person and love to invest only in products that stay on for longer duration. Also I love to experiment with different shade cards and formulas. So lets get going and check the lip colors.

Maybelline Super Stay 14 hours
Shade – Infinitely Fuchsia

If you are on my Snapchat or Instagram, you would have seen me wearing this color every alternate day. This one is from Maybelline Super Stay 14 hours lipstick collection. It’s a bright fuchsia color with a blue undertone to it. A perfect shade if you love bold statement lips. Although semi matte in finish it stays on my lips throughout the day even if I eat 24/7, without budging. It doesn't dry out and keep lips hydrated. A perfect pink shade for night parties and events, it looks totally feminine, sophisticated, bold and cute at same time.



Retails for INR 575 Buy here

L.A Colors Matte Lipstick
Shade – STARLET

L.A Colors was recently launched in India and its matte lipstick range has a beautiful array of colors for every skin tone. I have fallen in love with their shade Starlet ever since I have used it. A bright red shade with blue undertone, in a smooth semi cream texture gives a matte finish without making your lips patchy or highlighting the fine lines. Its easy to glide on but needs two applications for the color buildup. This one is surely a hot deal not to be missed for such an affordable price. 


Retails for INR 395 Buy here

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick
Shade – Patina

Exclusively available at Sephora, its my most favorite high end liquid lipstick. Sure to turn heads with everyone curious to know what’s on my lips. This product comes with a forever staying power!! Trust me I say that with experience. You will really have a hard time removing it. Its a beautiful dusty rose shade which will suit every skin tone. Very light and liquidy in formula, it dries super-fast and is easy to glide on. With an excellent color pay off, I need just one stroke for that perfect pout! Being matte, it gets a little flaky after 8 hours and can be tad drying. I therefore exfoliate my lips with a scrub before its application. Ditch your favorite MAC once and go for this. I am sure you will fall in love with it.


Retails for INR 1,850 Buy here

Stila All Day Liqud Lipstick
Shade – Dolce

Another one from Stila's liquid lipstick range this one is a perfect everyday nude that goes with anything and everything. Already reviewed about its stay power and texture, one thing that fascinates about these lip colors are their vanilla cupcake like smell. Tempting much! I would surely love to add all 10 shades from their Stay All Day range in my collection. 

Retails for INR 1,850 Buy here

Colorbar Take me as I am
Shade – Sinful Orange 009

A sunset orange shade with yellow undertone, this multifunctional chubby lip pencil from Colorbar comes with really good pigmentation and coverage. The color itself stands out and breaks the monotony of regular shades. It has a soft creamy texture with goodness of shea butter and Vitamin E that hydrates the lips. With a staying power of 3 to 4 hours, this however is not a transfer proof lipstick and requires touch ups once or twice in a day.



Retails for INR 900 Buy here

Chambor Extreme Wear Transferproof Liquid Lipstick.
Shade – Truffle 484

I have always been a fan of Chambor products, so when they launched their matte liquid lipsticks range, I was all smitten.  A very bold dark brownish in color, this shade is very different from the colors that I regularly wear.  The formula is extremely thin and glides on super easily and is extremely pigmented. However the only downside to these are that they take forever to dry! Once dry they stay for good 5 hours. True to its name they are surely transfer proof.



Retails for INR 845 Buy here

Colorbar Take me as I am
Shade – Sensous Red 001

Another one from the Colobar Take Me As I Am range, this one is a bright red shade with an orange undertone to it. Very good on the texture and pigmentation front, this however bleeds a little when wore on humid days. Also it might only suit girls with fair or wheatish complexions. A perfect shade to sport in day this however gives a darker look to the face in dim lights or in night.

Retails for INR 900 Buy here

Colorbar Kiss Proof Lip Stain
Shade – Palm Beach
  
This one is from Colorbar’s Kiss Proof Liquid Lipstick range. While I love the beautiful coral color, this one is my least favorite out of the bunch. Claimed to be transfer proof, this lipstick gets easily transferred to surfaces. With a staying power of 2 to 3 hours, it gets flaky and powdery in texture after a while. Also the pigmentation is not up to the mark and gets really streaky on application. The only reason I wear this is for the amazing color and hydrating texture. I would rather opt for Chambor Extreme Wear Liquid Lipstick in the same price range. 

Retails for INR 900 Buy here


So girls here were some of the lipsticks that I love to wear on everyday basis. I am also looking forward to bring forth some top matte lipsticks in affordable range for you all.

Up until next time! Take care my beautiful girls and remember to love yourself the most!

Hina Rehan

LoveXO💜💜

Comments

Post a Comment

Shein.com INT

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Hey all, It’s a lovely day and I am up with yet another makeup product review. This time it’s the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) HD High Definition Foundation. MUFE HD Foundation promises high definition coverage, with a natural makeup finish, making you look flawless. Its an oil-free, medium to full coverage liquid foundation that looks invisible on-screen and in real life. Foundation is a key in pulling everything together for a flawless makeup application. Before I was a beauty blogger – before I even knew there was such a thing as beauty blogger, I was a normal girl with tremendous love for makeup. Over the years, I have tried more than my share of foundations from drugstore to high-end to professional. While I tossed out many, some made way to my beauty kit. That being said, I always had certain issues with all of them, some being cakey, others being dry or oxidizing. I wanted a foundation that provided me medium to full coverage but feels light on skin and does not o

5 easy steps to Contour & Highlight!

Contour and Highlight!!! The century old trend, revived by the Kountouring goddess Kim K, has been the biggest rave among beauty fanatics all around the world. These two artsy tricks magically enhance your cheek bones and create a flattering bone structure and movie lighting. But n o matter how much the beauty gurus claim this trend to be a thing of 2016, the truth is many of us still struggle to achieve the desired chiseled face. Contouring can have different levels for different looks, categorized into a neutral everyday face to a more glamorous look. The step by step tutorial I have described here concentrates on subtle side of it but with an addition of a beaming highlighter and smokey eyes, you can instantly transform yourself into a more alluring avatar. Your perfect Contour & Highlight guide. #Essentials you need Makeup Apart from your regular base products i.e. Primer, Foundation (same as your skin tone), Concealer and Face powders, you requir

Get High on Sophistication with this Hot Trend of the Season!!

   Helloooo 2018 and hello to my Chiclets!! Every New Year brings with it new hopes and new beginnings. It’s time we look forward to the coming days with visions and resolutions to be a better versions of ourselves in all phases of life. 2017 was a year; I will always look down as the year that gave me in abundance. I grew as a person on personal and social levels. I finally learned to love myself and to be my own favorite. Isn’t it the most important thing for all of us?  Realizing and respecting our own worth which we very easily let go at numerous points in life. It’s the time when we stop criticizing ourselves and start feeling gratitude for the precious and unique souls we are, is when we start receiving blessings from Universe. Freeing myself from fears, worries and notions about one thing and all, I started my Blog and for this reason, 2017 is always going to be special for me. It feels amazing to have entered 2018 with a determination to make the n